Wednesday, March 23, 2011

GIVE ME LIBERTY< OR GIVE ME DEATH!

Today in history, Patrick Henry proclaimed the words, "Give me liberty or give me death!" Do people today fully appreciate those words, do they know the meaning of them? I pondered that for a while and I see around me great compromise.
Give me Liberty, or give me safety
Give me Liberty or give me free health care
Give me liberty or give me money
Whereas Liberty at one time in america was worth dying for, it has been replaced with an idea that if we have everything we want we no longer need liberty.
Patrick Henry and so many other great patriots and leaders knew what compromise would bring...without Liberty there is only bondage and where there is bondage there is no freedom.
Let us never forget the words and thier menaing"GIVE ME LIBERTY...OR GIVE ME DEATH!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My tattoo will have this quote....

cynthia said...

I totally agree. Thanks for sharing and as a reminder for us all.